God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
- Because it is an illusion to think that you can determine the others to make a change for you.
- Because changing the others is a more or less subtle manner of manipulation.
- Not doing anything hoping the change will come from the other one, can only postpone a beneficial change.
- Because it is the only thing you can do, besides waiting endlessly for the rescue to come from outside of you.
- Because you can transform the things the way to want them to change.
- Because you, human being, are a fighter and a conqueror of unknown territories.
- Because only you know what you really want.
- Because the one sitting next to you can start his own change, just by seeing your courage to change yourself.
- Because one of the greatest illusions of mankind is to believe that, whilst people stop and think, time is waiting for them to make a decision.
- Simply because you can.